For any inquiries regarding your account, please consult the "Help" section at seafy.com/assistance, where you can also find information on how to contact our Customer Service for assistance requests.
Alternatively, you can write to us by mail at: IES Italia s.r.l., Via Luigi Canonica, 29, 20154 Milan, to the kind attention: Privacy Dpt..
The data controller with reference to your personal data is IES Italia s.r.l., which is also your service provider (see the address above). We also point out that if you contact us for assistance, we may ask you to confirm your identity before fulfilling your request, in order to protect yours and our safety.
Collection of information
We receive and store information about you such as:
Information You Give Us: We collect the information you give us, including:
- your name, email address, address or zip code, payment method and telephone number. We collect this information in various ways, such as when you enter it while using our service, when you interact with our Customer Service or participate in surveys or commercial promotions;
- information collected when you choose to provide taste preferences, account settings, when you set preferences in your account or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
Information collected automatically: We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertisements, information about your computer or other devices used to access our service. This information includes:
- your activity on the Seafy service, such as your selected titles, your history of watched programs and your searches; details regarding your interactions with customer support, such as date, time and reason for contact, transcript of any chat conversations, and, if you contact us by telephone, your telephone number;
- identification codes or unique identifiers of devices, characteristics of the device and software (such as type and configuration), information relating to the connection, statistics on page viewing, referring URLs, IP addresses and normal information contained in web logs;
Information from other sources: We may supplement the information above with information obtained from other sources, including information obtained from both online and offline data providers. This additional information may include demographic data, interest-based data and data on Internet browsing behavior.
Use of information
We will use the information we collect to provide, analyze, deliver, improve and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to manage your registration, orders and payments, and to communicate with you about these and other topics. For example, we may use the information collected for purposes such as:
- identifying your geographical location, providing localized content, providing personalized recommendations that we think may be of interest to you, identifying your Internet provider and responding quickly and efficiently to requests and questions;
- the prevention, identification and investigation of potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and the enforcement of our terms; analyzing and understanding our audience;
- improving our service (including user interface experience), optimizing service performance, content selection and recommendation algorithms;
- communications about our service (for example, by email, push notifications and SMS) to send you information about Seafy, details of new features and content available on Seafy and special offers, promotional messages and consumer surveys, and to assist you with inquiries such as password reset.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your information for specific purposes and to third parties, as listed below:
- Service Providers: We may engage other companies, agents or suppliers ("Service Providers") to provide services on our behalf or to assist in providing services on your behalf. For example, we use Service Providers to handle credit card transactions and other payment methods. In performing their services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal data or other information. Service Providers are authorized by us to use or disclose your personal data only in connection with the provision of their services.
- Promotional offers: We may offer joint promotions or programs which, in order for your participation, may require the sharing of your personal data with third parties. In carrying out these promotions, we may share your name and other information required for the award of the incentive. Please note that the privacy practices of such third parties are not our responsibility.
You may also choose to disclose your information as follows:
- in some sections of our service, a tool may be available that allows you to share information via email, SMS and social or other applications, using the clients and applications on your device;
Access to your Account and Profiles
To offer you the ability to easily access your account and to facilitate the provision of Seafy services, we adopt a technology that allows us to recognize you as the account holder and provide you with direct access to your account without the need to re-enter your password or other identification credentials each time you access the Seafy service. You can opt out of this feature on your computer by unchecking the "Remember Me" box when you log in to the site. Where possible, users of public or shared devices should log out of their account after each visit. Before selling or returning a Seafy-compatible computer or device, please log out of your account. If you do not protect the security of your password or your device and do not log out of your account, subsequent users may have access to your account, including your personal information. If you decide to share or otherwise allow third parties to access your account, they will have the opportunity to see your information, including, in some cases, your personal data. (including your email address or other information contained in your account).
You may request access to your personal data or the correction or updating of data we hold that is no longer valid or incorrect. To do this, simply visit the "My Profile" page or the "Reserved Area" page of our site, where you will be able to view and update a wide range of information relating to your account. To access the "My profile" page or the "Reserved area" page you must be logged in to the site. You may also request the deletion of personal data that we hold that is no longer necessary for us to provide the service to you, for billing or accounting purposes or for other legal purposes. To this end, or if you have any other questions about our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com
IES Italia s.r.l. adopts all reasonable administrative, technical, physical and managerial measures in order to protect your personal data from loss, theft or unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately no measure can guarantee 100% safety. Consequently, we are unable to guarantee the security of your personal data.
Other sites, platforms and applications
What is a cookie?
Cookies are short text files that are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. On each subsequent visit, the cookies are sent back to the website that originated them (first-party cookies) or to another site that recognizes them (third-party cookies). Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize the user's device. They have various purposes such as, for example, allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your favorite sites and, in general, improving the browsing experience. They also help ensure that the advertising content displayed online is more relevant to a user and his interests. Based on the function and purpose of use, cookies can be divided into technical cookies, profiling cookies, third-party cookies.
This category also includes performance cookies, which are sometimes also called analytics cookies. These are cookies that collect information about the use that a user makes of a website and that allow it to improve its functioning. For example, performance cookies show which pages are most frequently visited, allow you to check which are the recurring patterns of use of a website, help to understand every difficulty that the user encounters in using it and show the effectiveness of advertising which is published on the site.
Technical cookies are essential and cannot be disabled using the functions of this website. In general, cookies can be completely deactivated in your browser at any time.
In addition to using technical cookies, IES Italia also uses profiling cookies within its websites. These cookies allow us to remember the choices that users make on the site and/or the services that are expressly requested in order to provide more advanced and personalized services. For example, they are used to choose the language or weather forecasts for a specific location. The use of these cookies requires the prior acquisition of the user's free informed consent pursuant to art. 23 of Legislative Decree 196/2003. Consent is acquired through a banner visible to users on their first visit to one of the IES Italia sites, as required by the provision of the Guarantor for the protection of personal data (n. 229 of 8 May 2014). This consent can be revoked at any time by ticking the relevant check box. Refusal to consent to the use of profiling cookies will not interfere with the possibility of accessing the site, except for the impossibility of accessing those functions or contents that make use of these cookies.
It is possible to share this information with other subjects, such as, for example, advertisers, who could use their cookies to collect information on the activities performed by users on the website.
Advertisers may also use this information to measure the effectiveness of their advertising.
The use of these cookies requires the prior acquisition of the user's free informed consent. These cookies are not controlled directly by the IES Italia site, to revoke this consent it is necessary to refer to the websites of third parties or refer to the following sites:
How to disable cookies from your browser
We also remind you that by disabling some cookies, the website may not be able to provide you with profiled services.